- Are laminate worktops durable enough for a busy kitchen?
Laminate worktops are reasonably durable but may not withstand heavy impact as well as compact laminate or granite. Consider your kitchen’s usage and potential for wear and tear.
- Can I install a sink or stove into a laminate worktop?
Yes, it’s possible, but you must follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for installation to prevent water damage or heat-related issues.
- What are the key benefits of compact laminate worktops?
Compact laminate worktops are renowned for their durability, and resistance to stains, heat, and moisture, making them an excellent choice for kitchens that require robust work surfaces.
- Do granite worktops require sealing, and how often?
Yes, granite worktops should be sealed to maintain their resistance to stains. The frequency of sealing depends on usage but typically ranges from once a year to every three years.
- Can I find budget-friendly granite worktops?
While granite is generally more expensive, you can find budget-friendly options by choosing less exotic granite types and working with local suppliers or remnants from larger projects.
- Are there environmentally friendly options among these worktop materials?
Compact laminate and some laminate worktops, especially those with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certifications, can be more eco-friendly. Check for sustainable options when making your selection.